From TUG wiki - The central hub for all information regarding TUG
Servers will allow seeds to interact with others from across the globe. If you wish to join a public server, have a look here on the forums. There will be four different types of servers:
- There are no artificial rules in place to protect you or your items; this is a world at the dawn of time and its evolution is based solely on its inhabitants.
- Can be modded, run at home, shared with friends, or left to gather dust.
- No “what if” here, no “always on,” nobody telling you how to play... and it’s only as terrifying as you want it to be.
- Play the ultimate survival experience completely alone... or turn off the darkness and get creative!
Adventure (Not yet implemented)
- Traditional RPG/MMO rules apply; items are safe, players are safe until they allow for combat to take place.
- A friendlier place for online play.
- Full control of your character’s appearance.
Private Servers (Not yet implemented)
- Can be modded, hosted on your own servers, retextured, and turned inside out.
- If you are not into the way the official servers are run or done, run your own!