TUG wiki:Community portal
From TUG wiki - The central hub for all information regarding TUG
Welcome to the community portal of the Untitled Game (TUG) wiki! The Community Portal is where this wiki community comes together to suggest or discuss projects for the wiki. To see the most recent discussions, click the Discussion tab above.
Current wiki news
- January 18, 2015 - The CategoryTree extension has been installed following user request.
- January 13, 2015 - Performance optimization has been applied to the server and the base mediawiki installation. Redundant multilingual tools have been removed due to being bottlenecks in site loading speed. The echo notification subsystem has also been installed to promote editor engagement and awareness.
- December 27, 2014 - The base Mediawiki installation has been upgraded to version 1.24.1.
- August 28, 2014 - Semantic MediaWiki has been installed following user request.
- August 10, 2014 - The Variables and Arrays extensions have been installed following user requests.
- June 7, 2014 - The wiki has now been successfully transferred to our new host with only approximately 6 minutes of downtime due to magic wizard skills. One hikup is that you may need to clear your cookies, or the site may assume you're trying to hijack an account.
- May 7, 2014 - Approximately 11 hours of downtime occurred due our host giving no prior warning before a forced migration. This caused the server IP to change, and we haven't setup the domain to automatically collaborate itself to such changes. The issue has now been fixed, and we are looking into transferring our server to another host.
- September 17, 2013 - Improved security measures (SSL) now protect vital areas of the wiki to prevent sensitive information from eavesdropped on.
- July 17, 2013 - Users can now upload multiple files simultaneously using the inbuilt editor.
- July 15, 2013 - The wiki now features a more compact recent changes list, babel support and better international language support in general.
- July 4, 2013 - Users should notice an increase in site performance due to some back-end optimizations that have occurred over the past day.
- June 27, 2013 - A hard drive failure corrupted the wiki database and the site has since been restored through a backup. Logs indicate that 40 minutes of work (one edit exactly) was lost. The data center has replaced the faulty drive with brand new hard drive from a different shipment batch to prevent further outages like this. I understand that this issue combined with the recent DNS server failure is frustrating, and I can assure you this is not an ongoing problem nor is it a normal thing.
- June 23, 2013 - DNS server failure caused several hours of unscheduled downtime before the issue was fixed.
- May 27, 2013 - Nerd Kingdom promotes the wiki on Kickstarter.
Is this your first visit to the TUG Wiki?
- If you have never experienced editing a wiki before, it's highly recommended you read the tutorial on Wikipedia. (You can ignore information about policies, but the step-by-step pages almost completely apply to the TUG wiki.)
- Everybody likes to keep the wiki nice and tidy, so please double check that your contributions fall in line with editing policies and guidelines.
- If you're curious to test something out, you can always test/practice in the Sandbox.
- To request assistance with anything related to wiki editing, head on over to the questions page and ask for help.
- If want to discuss wiki-wide standards or give wiki-wide feedback, visit the Feedback page
How to help out
- If you want to help but you're not sure where to start, try improving the various articles by adding content.
- You can also create new articles, make sure to check the list of wanted pages for frequently linked-to articles that don't exist yet. Many page types have Boilerplates so you can copy, paste, then fill in the blanks.
- If you're looking for a more organized task, look at the list of requests on the Projects page.
- To follow the changes to this wiki, and to look out for new users and edits use recent changes.
- You can find a list of useful templates on Category:Templates.
- See TUG Wiki:Help for much more information.
Useful Wiki Links
- TUG Community IRC channel
- Network: irc.esper.net
- Channel: #TUG
- Web Chat: click here